Systematically gather and analyze qualitative information to determine whose interests should be taken into account.
1. List all your stakeholders.
People who affect your business, who are interested and useful – both people and organisations
2. Identify their power and their interest.
3. Draw a matrix with the two parameters ‘power’ and ‘interest’.
4. Map the stakeholders on the matrix depending on their characteristics.
5. Divide the matrix into four areas.
High power and high interest = manage closely
High power and low interest = keep satisfied
Low power and high interest = keep informed
Low power and low interest = monitor (minimum effort)
Early stage and during the cooperation.
Not every stakeholder needs/wants the same information. This matrix helps to manage the relation.
You have stakeholders involved.
Know how much time you need to invest in keeping your stakeholders satisfied.
Make a communication schedule.