A tool for illustrating and improving self-awareness, and mutual understanding between individuals within a group.
1. Each member draws a matrix as shown on the front.
2. Define open area. Things you know about yourself and others know about you including behaviour, knowledge, skills, attitudes, and “public” history.
3. Define blind area. Things you aren’t aware of but are known by others. This might include deep issues like feelings of inadequacy, incompetence, unworthiness, or rejection.
4. Define hidden areas. Things you know about yourself but others don’t.
5. Define unknown areas. Things that are unknown by you and unknown by others.
6. Share your matrix with the others and conduct a feedback round to fill in blank spots.
When team starts working together.
Get to know the people in your team band build a better relationship.
Use the 55 adjectives to describe the participants.
Understand relationships with self and others.
What is missing?