This checklist helps to set out your organization's needs, understand how suppliers can meet them, and identify the right supplier for you.
1. Competency – capabilities in relation to needs.
How happy are competitors with similar need with supplier? Have they encountered any problems? Why have former customers changed supplier?
2. Capacity – supplier resources. Staff, equipment, storage, available material etc.
3. Commitment – quality initiatives such as ISO 9001, commitment to delivering over expected cooperation time etc.
4. Control – over its policies, processes, procedures, supply chain etc.
5. Cash – cash-positive firms are in a much better position to ride through the ups & downs of an uncertain market.
6. Cost – costs of product compared to competitors.
7. Consistency – how will supplier ensure high quality goods?
8. Culture – same values?
9. Clean – commitment to sustainability.
10. Communication – contact person, critical times?
Beginning of sales process and/or when you need suppliers.
Define organisation’s needs, understand how suppliers can meet them.
Have a product and potential suppliers.
Identify the right supplier.
Define sales process.